Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My sweet grandma!!!!

Grandma...What a magical word..My grandma is such a wonderful person....Due to Indian culture ,my dad's parents only were staying with us...My mother's mom used to come and see monthly once...This post I am writing about my dad's mom....I know the complete history of my grandma from her childhood....I used to ask her so many questions like when u married?....how u married?....how was her old life styles...?..she is such a woman with lots of patience...she explains everything long and neat...


My garandma is only 4ft height ...I used to lift her and make rounds and rounds..even though she likes that,she tells to me to stop...she has a long hair...I used to make lots of hairstyle.. We both ran behind icewala for ice candies in summer...she gives me company like a friend to go the car festival near my village every year...But she is always strict about money ..every single penny she keeps like one treasure ....even 50paises..25paises..too.. We love to play 'palan kulli' , snake n ladder. In the game, if my grandma seems to lose means,she mess the whole game. She is not willing to lose even for the game shake..that too with her loveable grand daughter..I wonder how my grandma always wants to win in every situation of her lifetime?...Not only in game,she is a real winner in life too..


The house which we are staying now is my grandpa's house...but my dad renovated to our modern needs...I think that house is now experiencing the fourth generation which includes my son too...when my grandmother got married,my grandpa's brother cheated them and got all the properties...My grandma and grandpa struggled a lot to buy this house...My grandma always tells that this house is full of their sweats and hardwork...My dad renovated and constructed one more floor which we are staying now....My grandpa and grandma stayed ground floor as they couldn't climb steps...

My mom used to cook and asked me to give to my grandma...I love to eat with my grandma as she always loves to listen my talk...Even sometimes I talks stupid...still she listens....she never ignored me....After tenth my dad put me in hostel...I cried a lot initially ...then I started used to the routine...I wrote lots of letter to my grandma...Whenever I come from hostel,she used to wait outside of the house till I arrive...Then after that again we continue our chit chat...

She was a mentor for my mom when she got married...she taught my mom cooking,managing money,caring kids...everything...She is not only jack of all trades..master of all too...she loves gardening...she always insists me to pluck flowers,vegetables....she tells me if I passed away also,pls take of this garden...I used to select her saree if she wants to go out....we make lots of snacks together...we walk together...I give her company for watching old films...Whenever I leave home to college after my vacation,she used to bless...

When I was in college second year,my dad and mom came to pick me from hostel for Diwali vacation...we went shopping for Diwali purchase...I selected one dark red colour sari for my grand Ma...My dad received a phone call from my aunt...As soon as he cut the call,he was totally collapsed...yes my grandma passed away...I could not believe that...I just spoke with her just an hour ago....how could this happen?....that too no one was there... She died on our maid's lap....

She was perfectly well...Before we reach our native only,all the work was done by my dad's friends...I just got down from the car...I saw the place where she used to receive me with a pleasant smile...everywhere crowd as all of sudden she passed away...My grandpa was totally shocked ...speechless..After two days my grandpa also passed away....how come my grandma can't stay without my grandpa in heaven too?They are made for each other...I missed her very badly in my marriage...

I don't want to rent out our ground floor portion as it always gives us a sweet memories...when we cleaned her wardrobe I saw the big cover which was tied very carefully..I thought some property agreement or important document..I opened and saw that important document...My eyes were filled with tears ...That document is nothing but something special for her....All the letters which I wrote from the hostel,she preserved like a treasure...Now also if I go to my native,I used to go ground floor and sit for 10 minutes and remembers my grandma....I miss her every occasion especially when my son was born...Again I can't see her...But I can always think about her...nothing can stop our memories....She was not a great mother in law to my mom.....But she was always a great grandma to me...

I have lost one of the most important people in my life..And I feel broken too..May be part of me thought she couldn't die...shouldn't die..She was an active and powerful woman to the end..now she is in the new home where i can't go...Someday though,I will find the way there...Because no matter how much I love to live,I can't live forever....but that the beautiful thing too...

No comments:

Post a Comment