Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Friday, June 3, 2011

Am I a good mom?......

I have always very much passion to go for job..Even before marriage I love to go to site in Sundays too..Even in auditing sessions,we used to stretch our working timings till 3 am....I did my civil engineering and worked as estimation and costing engineer in my dream company...My company also recognised me well.I got 2 times employee of the month award too....Everything went well till I married...After my marriage ,my husband got an onsite opportunity to USA..He asked me to resign the job as we didn't go honeymoon after our marriage..we just went kodaikanal for 2 days...My company is not great in leave policy...so that time I couldn't take leave much...Finally he convinced me to leave the job...There I took my first career break....

After came from US,I got a good offer...but due to my pregnancy,I couldn't join....again career break...After delivered my son,I planned to restart my career...So I started applying jobs...Finally got an offer in one reputed company....When i was attending interview,my husband waits outside of the company with my son...But I used to think about my son only even in interview panel...Finally that happy day came ....yes the joining date....i was very happy about my career...while going in auto only,my son's smiling face came into my mind..I got down from auto....I called HR and told that I am not interested to join....He is not at all convinced....He tried to convince me....But I was very stubborn....I took a auto and ran to my son.....As soon as I entered ,my son was trying to crawl ....wow...his first attempt...I could have missed this....I decided to take again career break.....

I used to thinks always from my mind instead of heart....But why every time I fail in my career?....that's the meaning of Amma....I was very keen on one thing...If my son tells Amma means,I should be there to enjoy the moment....I don't want the situation like my son tells Amma to his caretaker or maid...Sometimes I think like I could have joined job so that It helps the financial needs....But my husband is so supportive to me and always makes me proud of my parenting job...

My intention is not criticising all working moms...Everyone is unique....Every kid is special kid..Being a wonderful mom is a mom that gives all her time, love and attention to her children with an open heart. Its a tough job and there is no way of being the perfect mom, but to your children, you are the perfect mom and you must never forget that. Making our children feel important and loved is the most rewarding gift a child can receive from you.

The moment a child is born,the mother is also born...She never existed before...The woman existed but the mother never...A mother is something new...Being a full time mother ,I am getting the highest salary since the payment is pure love from my son....Now my son is 2 years 3 months...he started eating on his own... He wants to walk independently without holding my hand...He will go school also within 3 months....

I am not sure whether I will get job again as I have nearly 4 years career break....One day my son also will think,why my mom is sitting simply in home?....After did engineering and MBA also she wasted her career....I would have been failed in my professional life...but to my heart,I really got distinction in my personal life.....I don't want to tell my son like U are the reason for my career break because parenting is not a job from mind...It's an art from the heart.......The strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.....

1 comment:

  1. We always have challenges in balance of life. We have to sacrify something to become successful in your goal. We had to decide what we need to sacrify...some insights below

    Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. They are Work, Family, Health, Friends and Spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air.

    You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – Family, Health, Friends and Spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it.

    Work efficiently during office hours and leave on time. Give the required time to your family, friends & have proper rest.

    VALUE has a VALUE only if the VALUE is VALUED

    You have to decide which is more important for your life either good mom or carrier growth. It's alway very challenging in sail in two boats.

    ReplyDelete