Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Great Bicycle !!!!

I saw today morning a bunch of kids dumped into an auto like vegetables.......Yes your guess is correct....They all are going to school...I felt totally upset by seeing this......May be the school van is good at least in urban areas....They are maintaining certain rules to avoid space crunch....I felt totally upset by seeing this...I was thinking about my school days ride.....

It is not a great one to speak about… but every one of us should have once longed to get this… should have enjoyed riding our cycle… If not happened in ur life, I would say that u have missed it… But I have not missed that joyful experience.. May be I would have ridden my tricycle during my early childhood.. I dont even remember that.. Even now, my first bicycle experience comes fresh in front of my eyes … it was a BSA Champ.. Me and my bro use to learn cycling with this inside my home streets... rarely we take it to outside… But once I got to know riding the cycle, I just flew all around the street in that… I don’t remember a day that I have travelled to school in that cycle.

If my recollection is right, my next bicycle is hero and then a hero ranger.. I could not remember much about the hero... but a lot about the hero ranger… bcoz this is the one that I used till my 10th STD... It was a red hero ranger…I got it when I was 8 th STD....I had a long first ride alone in one evening… I was also one among the guys who like playing the tricks of riding the bicycles in one hand and leaving both the hands… during those innocent childhood, those simple tricks are felt as greater achievements.. I use to be very craze at the cycles that day… even experimented using the breaks in my cycle... Remember the days that me and my friend kolkila priya use to go to our OLLGHS school

All my friends in school had their cycles.. We use to go to our tuitions by this cycle… After the class hours during my high school,we use to go to K.R Bakery in front of my school to have some puffs and coconut buns, before leaving to tuitions or home… We leave school as a group.. Have pit stops @priya home and @ nithya home… From there we fly back to our homes… What a great experience it was… I could even picturize the parking places in my school like below a rain tree, a shed near the prayer section, next to seventh class room, where I use to park my cycle… When I think about the parking place, another incident of my school life comes to my mind… It was a very big issue that day… but now it seems to be very silly that I did it… Surely will write about that in some other post …

Today, with the great challenges of global warming, air & noise pollutions, obesity problems and rising fuel costs, using bicycles would be a great solution. It may not be viable for us to use it in hot climates, but surely can be used for short distances even during hot climates. It can be regarded as one of the green activities that would ends up in saving fuel, controlling pollution, keeping our cardiac health under check and giving fight against global warming. Many times, I have thought that how nice it would be if I have a scooty or at least a TVS 50, when I come back to home from my school, riding my bicycle hard. Now I am travelling in scooty ... sometimes more sophisticatedly in cars too… but miss those relaxed cycle rides… wish those days come back again for my son at least......

1 comment:

  1. Good Post , which made me to remember and refresh my memories.

    Coconut ban and puffs poochee!!

    ReplyDelete