Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Monday, August 29, 2011

Old is gold !!!

As we shifted recently to Mumbai,we really don't know the best restaurants in our area,..So we just enquired with my local neighbour and decided to go URBAN TADKA.....I just reviewed in burrp.com too..So much positive responses and comments...,So we went for our wedding anniversary dinner......There was a long queue for book the table itself....we also booked a table for 2...Oops... My little man kavin...sorry table for 3 ....We just did some window shopping in the mall...

We got the table after an hour....I just focused on ambience only...My son was surrended to my husband....The passage leads to the restaurant is really long.....It includes one sewing machine,milk cans, cloths,old stoves...Typical old wooden cot made by thick White ropes.....
The table is made by heavy wood...and chair still I can remember that one which looks exactly like my HM's chair in my school days......Just imagine the ambience...It's very dim and cool.....

Now the plate ...what I can tell.....light alumimum plate ...my son started throwing the plate and enjoyed the sound......Next come to menu....all in Hindi mixed English.....which was written in a slate with permenant paint...Food was yummy for our tummy...overall the experience was great....Now I come to my points

If I go to my village ,I will get this ambience in grandma's house expect that aluminium plates...hey my grandma also changed long back to stainless steel silver.......Even I enjoyed the food in hallimane in jayanagar ,Bangalore too...But the difference in urban tadka is only old ambience but same foods like normal restaurant where as hallimane has rural menus....Akko roti....adai....ragi mud he....more

We are paying so much for our childhood food now-a-days.....Now I can accept ' OLD IS GOLD '........

No comments:

Post a Comment