Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quality of our life !!!


How many of us are really using our gadgets regularly? I am mentioning iPhone,Smartphone,Tablets,laptops,Desktop,TV,DVDPlayer,Playstations,GPS,Home theatres,digi cameras,SLR,Handy cam.etc...

So, what's wrong and where? When I look at myself I didn't even watch TV for almost 7 days.. I used Camera yesterday after so many months....My laptop is sleeping peacefully without any disturbance for more than a year... I think myself and even some of my friends too not happy with what we have but all are stressed and not happy for the things we don't have. I have a Alto,, but i want to buy some sedan car... but some of friends have sedan ..but still they want to buy some SUV /luxury cars.. Just after buying a new phone, we need another smart phone. Better laptop, bigger TV, faster car, bigger house, more money. I mean, these examples are endless. The point is, does it actually worth? Do we ever think if we actually need those things before we want them?

After this, I was forced to think what I need and what I don't. May be I didn't need this Laptop,again my htc smart phone,DVD player.. When I see my father back at home. He has a cell phone worth Rs 1500 Whenever I ask him to change the phone, he always says, "Its a phone, I need this just for calls."

And believe me; he is much happier in life than me with those limited resources and simple gadgets. The very basic reason why he is happy with so little is that he doesn't want things in life to make it luxurious, but he wants only those things which are making his life easier. It's a very fine line between these two, but after looking my father's life style closely, I got the point. He needs a cell phone but not the iPhone. He needs a car but not for luxury....

Again I felt my father too does so many mistakes...Now also he is running so many businesses .He is always busy..Even he can't stay in my house more than 2 or three days..He never went any tour/ vacation as he is running out of time..When I went to my native last time,I forced him and took him to Ooty..But again there also he was busy with his calls,business,24/7 mobile calls..He can't sleep peacefully in Ooty too....

According to my knowledge,I never saw my dad wasting time...He made good wealth background for my family..When we both went for a long walk,I personally talked with him..He almost cried and told he started running behind money when he was 18 as my dad has so many commitments...Now he is 58..But the race is endless ..Now he is running for me and my brother...

Initially I had lot of questions.

We already bought a flat ..still we are looking for second investment?

We all are earning good, still we are not happy,...why ?

We have all luxuries, still we are stressed.... ....... why ?

We had a great weekend, still we are feeling tired...... why?

I met lot of people, I thought over it again and again, I still don't know if I got the answers, but certainly figured out few things. I realize that one thing which is keeping me stressed is the "stay connected" syndrome. I realized that, at home also I am logged in on messengers, checking mails, using social networks, and on the top of that, the android mobile is not letting me disconnected. I will go mad when modem is not working. On the weekend itself, trying to sleep instead of spending some valuable time with family. I realized that we can save good money for future ..But Still I am stressed about job and salary and spends.Ultimately it's a single life, a day gone is a day gone. I believe if I am not happy tonight, I'll never be happy tomorrow morning. I finally realized that meeting friends, spending quality time with your loved one's; spending time with yourself is the most important thing.

If on Sunday you are alone and you don't have anybody to talk with, then all that luxuries life, all that money is wasted. May be cutting down your requirements, re-calculating your future goal in the light of today's happiness is a worthwhile thing to do. May be selling off your Alto and buying some sedan on EMIs is not a good idea.

My conclusion is so simple...I don't want to lead my life in a simple way ..But at the same time I don't want in luxurious way too..I need my life should be in comfortable way..I am not ready to lose my present happiness for future things...In simple,don't lose today for tomorrow....

Think about it and ur comments are always welcome

PS: My brother Navin forwarded a mail about value of happiness and time..Based on that here I am posting my thoughts about life.....

1 comment:

  1. Read the conversation...u will understand many of your questions:-
    GOD: Hello. Did you call me?

    ME: Called you? No... Who is this?

    GOD: This is GOD. I heard your prayers. So I thought I will chat.

    ME: I do pray. Just makes me feel good. I am actually busy now. I am in the midst of something.

    GOD: What are you busy at?

    ME: Don't know. But I can't find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.

    GOD: Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.

    ME: I understand. But I still can't figure out. By the way, I was not expecting
    YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.

    GOD: Well I wanted to resolve your fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

    ME: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?
    GOD: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.
    ME: Why are we then constantly unhappy?
    GOD: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.
    ME: But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?
    GOD: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.
    ME: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty.
    GOD: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
    ME: If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?
    GOD: Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don't suffer. With that experience their life become better not bitter.

    ReplyDelete