Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This is the way I live!!!

What is good? What is bad? What is right and what is wrong? What I think is good, may be bad to someone else and what I think is bad, maybe good for somebody else. There is almost never a clear demarcation of the right and the wrong or the good and the bad. I dont know if I have to think about anything as good or bad but I think, end of the day, it should be what I like. I think it must just be the feel good factor for each individual that finally gives us a clear picture of right, wrong, good and bad..

Here is the best example for the same ..."RETURN GIFT "

I went to this family function sometime back and I came back with a stainless steel plate ....... Like this there are numerous plastic and brass figurines of Gods, candle stand, cups or a blouse bit.Even in my brother's marriage also me and mom had a big controversy about the return gift.....I love gifts but not return gifts!!!!

Now I dont believe in giving gifts unless it is to a loved one .. but a return gift just does not make sense to me at all.. Okay I can understand if u gift something to a person who has invited you to an ocassion thinking that the gift would be useful to them. But what is the reason behind a Return gift.

Okay lets keep aside the reason for returning gifts. Lets focus on the gifts first.

1. A Stainless Steel plate - Useful in the kitchen.V's my opinion - I like things as sets and this one off thing is reallly odd...
2. Brass and Plastic Figurines of God - Show pieces in our showcase or can be placed in the Pooja room.. V's my opinion - one is good.. but over a period of time they accumulate
3.Blouse Bits - Can be stitched as a blouse for a sari/ used as cloth for other such clothingV's my Opinion - I hardly find people using these in a fashion conscious matching blouse society.. It is almost always recycled.....

Next question .. what do you do with these gifts..

1. Use them - well that was the purpose of the gift but this hardly happens
2. Return them - this is hardly done.. often considered rude.. keep it in the house whether u like it or not..
3. Recycle them - this is the most common method used .. People wait for occasions to recycle gifts.. But then u must be very careful to remember who gave u what and when coz sometimes in a conversation they might probe on the whereabouts of their gift and also be careful not to unknowingly return the gift back to the gifter..
4. Throw them - this cannot be done.. what ever it is they have also spent money buying these gifts....

I dont know why we must give a return gift and why people expect it.. not only expect it but compare their gifts..but then how else do u display your wealth and buying power and ur generosity...

PS : This is my view about return gift....There is no intention to hurt anybody ......

No comments:

Post a Comment