Some people come in your life as blessings..Others come in your life as lessons....

Friday, October 21, 2011

Exhausted.......

Babies should nt get sick. And can anyone tell me why we don't have a vaccination for common cold or at least some cure? Here we are in this century, in this time with prevention and cure for deadly diseases but we cant protect the kids from a common cold? Is this supposed to be a joke? If you have nt already guessed, Kavin is down with a cold. Running nose, severe cough, vomiting, nose block,... the works! I waited for 2 days but the cough got worse. He does nt know to spit so the phlegm was accumulating. As soon as I give the medicine he vomited Which was actually good as the phlegm was out. He was looking miserable....

Today second half was the worst day in my life. There are different types of worst days and I write this one down so that I can compare notes later when I have another one.

I am tired even when I get up .....then dropped kavin in school , so major cooking, cleaning etc..Again picked him from school....Karthick is not in town for the past 4 days.....Kavin is sick.The day only worsens. Kavin drags a chair near the shelf in hall,stands on it, takes the glass from the cutlery unit and drops it on the floor. I am in the kitchen and hear a shattering noise. I think he has dropped a spoon or something and go to the room. There are a million pieces of glass all over the room. I carry him out and ask him to stay put in the hall when I sweep the whole room and then mop. In the mean time, I have forgotten the milk I had kept on the stove. I don't know how but it explodes and there is milk everywhere in the kitchen. I clean. In the mean time, Kavin has opened a cup board and takes out all the 101 things from there and spreads them across the hall.He tears the Colouring book and is on his way to my precious Tamil book when I save it from him..I clean. Fast forwarding the soosoo cleaning and poopoo cleaning and we get to night time. After finishing his dinner, he goes to sleep around 9.30 pm.

I go to eat my dinner. (Karthick is nt home yet, by the way!) As soon as I begin to eat, he gets up and cries. His nose is blocked and he is struggling to breathe. But the cold medicine has made him drowsy and his eyes are closed. I put the nose drops and put him in the bed...He stands on the bed and cries even while his eyes are closed. I made him sleep ...He lies tummy down and vomits. All over him,me , the bed, the pillow and the blanket. I remove his clothes and change it. while changing he is crying his lungs out. His eyes are still closed. I wash up and change myself,kavin and bedsheets..... Then he goes to sleep but opens his eyes as soon as I put him in the bed... So I lie down with him for a while. I just want to die. I am exhausted. But I still have some cleaning up to do. I come out of the room and eat my dinner. I wash the blanket, the clothes and hang them for drying. I told about my worst day to my friend on Phone and go to sleep around 12...Her maximum reaction is oh...ok...take rest as she is newly married..... now not getting sleep....Karthick is still not at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment